Signing a contract with a business for a new kitchen, a renovation or a new home build can be daunting for individuals. With Contract2Pay it needn't be.
As an individual considering purchasing goods or services from a business you will likely have many concerns:
- Will I get exactly what I have paid for? What recourse will I have if I'm not happy with the quality of the goods or services provided or if they are delivered late (or not at all)?
- I've been asked to pay a large deposit upfront before the business will start any work. What happens if they just walk away?
- What can I do if the business sends me a final bill that is above the original agreed price due to 'unforeseen circumstances'? They're a large company and they can simply report me to a credit agency if I don't pay.
- What can I do if I don't have the technical expertise to argue against changes to the goods or services made by the business? I'll be arguing against their whole team of experts.
- If things go wrong, my only option will be to hire a lawyer, which will cost more than the value of the goods or services that I need to purchase. And what are my chances of winning a legal case against a large business?
What if there was an independent expert that you could refer disputes to for rapid and free resolution? In all sports, competing players and teams agree to abide by the decision of an umpire or referee. Disputes are resolved rapidly in accordance with the laws of the game and without the time and expense of hiring lawyers and preparing court papers.
Contract2Pay allows a buyer and a seller to appoint an independent referee by mutual agreement. If a dispute arises then it can be referred to the referee for a rapid decision (at no expense to you as the buyer). If you disagree with the referee's decision then (for a nominal fee) you can appeal it to a panel of three independent referees, all subject matter experts, who will make a final and binding decision.
Contract2Pay gives you the power to remedy shortfalls in contract performance while avoiding costly, lengthy and stressful legal action. Get what you pay for. Sign up for Contract2Pay today.
An independent, subject matter expert who is appointed only by the mutual agreement of the buyer and the seller.
Benefits to You
- Just like in sport, the presence of Contract2Pay's independent referees ensures that businesses play fairly and by the rules of the game to make sure that you get what you pay for.
- Any deposits paid by you are held in Contract2Pay's partner escrow accounts and cannot be released without your approval or, in the case of disputes, the referee's instruction making it impossible for a company to simply steal your money.
- Contract terms, specifications and prices are documented on the platform before a contract starts. A business can only vary the original quoted price subject to your prior agreement.
- You get the benefit of an independent subject matter expert as a referee who will decide whether or not a business has complied with the contract's requirements.
- You do not need to hire an expensive lawyer to raise a claim against a business and then wait months or years for an outcome. Raising a dispute on Contract2Pay is free for buyers and independent decisions can be made in days leaving you free to focus on what's important to you.